DIR in MA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer

Contributor
Reaction score
I might end up asking something similar in the NE section, but thought I'd start here. It seems to me that there are a number of DIR divers (or at least DIR "inspired" divers) in the NW (Seattle area, especially) that are willing to guide new divers in the ways of DIR diving and philosophy. Anyone doing remotely the same here in MA? I'd love to get out for a few dives and chat with any local DIR gurus. My next few dives will be to get used to my new drysuit, but after that, I'd love to meet up.

Might want to talk to Soggy, I believe he is in MA.

Ed Hayes is a GUE instructor located a litttle south of Hartford. He is an owner of the Scuba Shack and the Brownstone Quarry.

I'm based outside of albany and drive down to the brownstone quarry and scuba shack for diving and all my equipment. Ed just bought out scuba shack and made some awesome improvements. It carries everything you'll ever need. Also there are usually GUE/DIR divers at the quarry on weekends, and just lots of GUE/DIR divers down there in general. As far as I'm concerned you can't beat the combination of good diving+awesome instructor+awesome shop in one area.

There a few people that are "DIR" here is MA. What do you want to know?

If you want to get into DIR in the NE, visit or contact Ed Hayes. He owns the Brownstone Discovery Park in Portland, CT as well as the SCUBA Shack. He is a GUE Fundamentals instructor. If you want someone local to dive with to get an idea of what it is about, PM me and we can try to set up a shore dive sometime. There are a bunch of us here that do dive regularly and even in the ocean. :wink:

Soggy, once I get a few more dives on my new dry suit (first one), I'd love to go out (Cape Ann?). My gf would also like to do the fundamentals course, but seeing as she's in CA (L.A.), we might do it out there. Regardless, the class will have to wait until next summer when we both have enough free time. It is, however, a dive priority for both of us. Thanks for the offer.

Rainer:
Soggy, once I get a few more dives on my new dry suit (first one), I'd love to go out (Cape Ann?). My gf would also like to do the fundamentals course, but seeing as she's in CA (L.A.), we might do it out there. Regardless, the class will have to wait until next summer when we both have enough free time. It is, however, a dive priority for both of us. Thanks for the offer.

You know where I am...Drysuit means all-year long diving, so let me know if you want to dive in February, even.

Soggy:
If you want to get into DIR in the NE, visit or contact Ed Hayes. He owns the Brownstone Discovery Park in Portland, CT as well as the SCUBA Shack. He is a GUE Fundamentals instructor. If you want someone local to dive with to get an idea of what it is about, PM me and we can try to set up a shore dive sometime. There are a bunch of us here that do dive regularly and even in the ocean. :wink:
Ocean??????? I have heard rumurs about that thing. I think its a myth. Cant leave safty of brown walls/Cant enter the bad lands. Salt is for french fries. must go now and beg forgiveness before the great walls o-Brown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom