DIR-F In The Sacramento Area Jan. 17th-19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what is the story with the class, what to bring??
where??
what times???
cost????

pos-tech once bubbled...
what is the story with the class, what to bring??
where??
what times???
cost????

I'll let Scott speak to proces, but in terms of teh general overview of the class, I ask that you dive with what you normally dive with. If you want to try a BP & wings let me know ahead of time and I'll bring one, but you need a very limited amount of *special* gear. In fact, the only thing I require that may seem different is a long hose for the promary regulator, it should be 5' - 7' in length and the only thing I will not allow in my classes is bondage wings and upstream regulators. That is my choice based on safety concerns of those items of equipment, but short of that you can bring whatever you nornally dive in and I hope to explain in great detail what we recommend what we do..

The class will begin on Friday evening at 6:30 and will last until approx. 10:00pm.. That will be all lecture and you need not bring any gear Friday evening.

Saturday morning will begin approx. at 8:00am and we'll do gear configurtaion, propulsion techniques, simulated air shares and valve drills. This will last until approx lunch time and will involve getting on the floor and practicing so I suggest dressing for the environment.. After a brief lunch we'll do a series of two dives, complete with debriefs. Each dive will be video taped and we will review the video tapes and do further lecture post diving that should last until approx. 9:00pm, so it will be a long day..

Sunday, we'll reverse the order and do two dives early am, approx. 8:00 until about 11:00ish. Post dives will include video de-brief and more lecture until approx. 4:00..

We are in discussions with a local dive shop that may allow us the use of their facilities for the lecture and airfills so as soon as we finalize that we'll announce the exact particulars..

Let me know if you have any questions..

Later

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom