Ding!! Dry Gloves are in..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My Si-Tech Dry Gloves showed up the other day(thanks DRIS). Well they seem to be very well made. Instructions were pretty easy to follow,although it doesn't explain how to remove the cuffs from the suit once installed. Being the astronuclearproton genuis that i am i ended up with the cuff slightly lopsided on the suit. Well now i can't get it of to fix/straighten it. Any suggestions?

Here are some pictures of the product.......

Left to right.
1. Picture of everything included
2. You can see the lock unlock symbol. It turn about a 1/4 turn and it locks in
3. You can see the grooves that help lock it in
4. It came with this handy dandy tube of chap stick,how nice of them to care:D

Attachments

• DSC00779.jpg
    DSC00779.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC00778.jpg
    DSC00778.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00777.jpg
    DSC00777.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC00774.jpg
    DSC00774.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 58
I will. I prolly should have waited as well but like a kid at xmas i just haaad to put them on.

I noticed with just the gloves on that they are not that bad,dexterity wise. Compared to some thicker 5/7 mm gloves i have tried on.

They come off the same way they go on. If your ds is on a hangar just pull down on the cuff then reach inside with your other hand and try to work a nail under the lip of the ring. Once it starts to separate, keep pushing the ring in and it will pop right out. I take mine out every time I head down to cave country. Do it a couple of times and you will be a pro.

Sorry I dont have any experience with this ring system, I use Diving Concepts. If you put a hole in the expensive blue gloves very quickly you can find some that will replace them and use your own fleece or smartwool liners. Ansell petroflex jersey lining I think will work for about $3 and a year of scratching and clawing. With the removable liner you can replace when sweaty and are good to go. The insulated atlas gloves take days to dry unless you want to coddle them with a hair dryer.

Back
Top Bottom