DIN w/Yoke insert for a Faber 120 3180?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

resnick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've got a Faber 120 tank which currently has a DIN valve in it. The assorted scribblings on the tank are as follows:

SCC/120 FABER MADE IN ITALY M8308 01/1246/ 019 TC-3AAM-244/DOT-3AA 3180 REE 77

The original hydro was 06◊01+. The current hydro is 2(A2/73)08. (The guy who did the hydro forgot to do the "+" level hydro. :doh: )

I don't know offhand what sort of threads are on this thing.

I'd like to put a DIN valve on this thing which has a yoke insert. (My main reg is a DIN reg, but I've got an old yoke reg I use for training purposes that I'd like to put on this tank occasionally.) Does such a valve exist that will work on this tank?

yes, any standard 200bar "pro" valve, like the Thermos, will work. It's a standard thread on the neck.

As said above, a 3/4" thread 200 "pro" or convertible valve will do the job. Thermo or Blue Steel are the ones that come to mind along with Dive-RIte or OMS.

As said above, a 3/4" thread 200 "pro" or convertible valve will do the job. Thermo or Blue Steel are the ones that come to mind along with Dive-RIte or OMS.

I notice that the OMS V103 claims to have a burst disk service pressure of 3500. Given that the tank is (potentially) 3180 + 10% = 3498, that seems like a good thing. Do any of these other valves have 3500 service pressure ratings?

You can change the burst disk in any valve. The Thermos for example can be had with a 2250, 2400, 3000, 3180 (the correct one for that tank), 3300, and 3500.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom