Din Valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure, you need a valve with 3/4 MPT boss(the large neck) to fit your tank. These are available in two DIN styles, the 300 bar deep thread and 225 bar shallow thread. There are versions of the latter which come with a doughnut insert which, when installed, allows use of a yoke connector if required.

So am I able to put a DIN valve on any tank?

In the early days there were some tanks with smaller threaded necks, and finding a DIN for those is probably a problem... but anything manufactured today for SCUBA is gonna have the right neck.
OMS and Scuba Pro (and I'm sure others, but these are two I own) make 225 BAR DIN valves that have inserts for use with yoke regs, so you can use either. Of the two I recommend the Scuba pro - more expensive but much smoother, higher quality valves. Unless you're using HP tanks the 225 BAR are fine and offer the advantage of being able to use the Yoke.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom