DIN valve with water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Novo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This weekend, before a dive one of my DIN valves was leaking through the small hole that some valves have.

I reattached the first stage and the problem was solved so took it for another 2 dives without any issue. After the dives, I noticed that there was water in the valve.
I am assuming the sea water did not go in as the tanks were pressurized. Is this a fair assumption or they may be a corrosion problem?

The problem with that specific first stage persists (leak when testing dry) so I assume it is the o-ring.

I'm assuming the tank was pressurized at 500+ PSI the whole time? a little bit of water around the threads isn't something I'd be worried about.

Was just cleaning some gunk out of the valve of a recently purchased used tank and found that it has weep hole. At first glance it looked like a thread deep in the valve face was broken but it lines up directly with the weep hole. I had to do a search to find out if this was a thing because I had never noticed a weep hole in any the valves I had previously used. Glad this thread was available in the search result as it surely eased my mind.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom