Din to Yoke Insert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uber Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for a din to yoke insert for a HP Steel 120.
20210117_093852.jpg 20210117_093859.jpg
Been on line can't seem to find one that is long enough

Yeah they don’t exist for that purpose. I don’t know that there’s even a 200bar valve for those 7/8” valves (not should there be), largely because Yoke wasn’t really designed to support that pressure. Probs best to switch to a DIN reg.

No one will work on an HP tank like that.

contact dive gear express. they should be able to tell you

From the DGE website link that was posted above:
"This 300 bar DIN valve can not be used with yoke regulators. A yoke adapter insert does not exist, and even if it were made, we have never seen a yoke clamp long enough to fit over a 300 bar DIN outlet. There is a yoke-to-din fill adapter device for 300 bar valves, but it is strictly for filling only.

This 300 bar DIN valve will fit older design 3500 psi "Genesis" steel SCUBA cylinders that are forced to use a 300 bar outlet because a valve with a 200 bar outlet AND the proper 7/8 UNF inlet threads to fit the cylinder is not available. If you wish, this valve could also be reduced { 3500 psi |240 bar} service pressure with a burst disk change."

Hopefullty this will clear up any additional confusion.

Jackie

You need an adapter as this one:
Innovative Yoke to Din Adapter
INNCX0259.jpg

But be sure that your yoke is rated for the pressure in your tank...
My old Scubapro MK5s were equipped with yokes rated to just 3000 PSI, so I preferred to mount the inexpensive Scubapro Universal DIN connector on my regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom