DIN to 1/4 NPT fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beasleym

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone out there know where I can find a DIN connector with a 1/4 NPT on the other end and, here's the rub, one with a filter in it? Lots of connectors out there like this, but no one seems to have a filter in it.

One alternative I've looked at is getting a DIN conversion for a regulator. The only problem is that no one lists the type of connection into the regulator; everyone specs the model number. So does anyone know of a DIN conversion that fits a regulator with a 1/4 NPT thread?

Try Western Enterprises 63-sf. You might have to also get a b-4hp. Sorry if this info is not what you wanted. I am going from a pic that I downloaded from SB about a fill whip.

Thanks for the feedback so far.

To further clarify/amplify - I'm looking at putting oxygen monitoring equipment behind a DIN connector. I have the regulator (O2 clean and will obviously handle the pressure requirements) from which I removed a CGA adapter, and which had a sintered filter built in.

The point being that a regulator in a O2 pressure environment with any grit can destroy a regulator, that's why the CGA and all of our dive regulator have the sintered filters. So when I try to find a DIN adapter to put on this system they are all straight through with no sintered filter.

This is the problem I'm trying to solve and nobody I've found has a DIN adapter with the filter.

I think you are over-thinking the issue. The problem with enriched oxygen environments is oil based contaminents, not "grit". The shouldn't be anything between in the system either out of a bottle or out of a compressor anyway.

I suggest you get a copy of "The oxygen hackers guide".

The thought had crossed my mind that I perhaps was overly concerned.

However, all of my oxygen welding bottles, emergency oxygen tanks, and the CGA fitting originally on the oxy regulator all have a sintered filter. From my maintenance and repair manual for regulators "Sintered metal flow control filter in the inlet nipple is included on all modern scuba regulators to prevent dirt and other particles from damaging internal regulator parts". A fill whip, which these parts were designed for, don't have a regulator to damage.

I'm somewhat concerned about damaging the regulator, I would be more concerned about the regulator kicking out 3500 psi out fittings and hardware designed for low pressure if the internal safety (if there is one on this regulator) also fails.

If you really need a filter (and I use one on my pneumatic booster pump for oxygen), you want Swagelok part SS-4F4-05. 0.5 micron inline filter, 3000 psi

It wasn't terribly expensive, and my local Swagelok dealer was able to grab it for me in a couple of days.

Depending on the DIN part you use, you may need some 1/4" npt M-M couplings (nipples) to connect the parts together.

Why not just use a DIN scuba regulator that already has a filter? You could probably get one off Ebay or the boards, for cheap, then rebuild/O2 clean it. You are unclear of what the end goal is, other than oxygen monitoring equipment? What pressure are you looking for? Or are you talking flow rate? What percentage of O2? For blending nitrox through a compressor?

Back
Top Bottom