Din Stuck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So both of my din regs (Hog D1) were completely stuck on my tanks after my last dive. I could not take them off. I had to use pliers to loosen the wheel so that I can uncrew the regs.

Of course the reg was purged and not pressurized. Anyone know what could cause this and how I could ensure it doesn’t happen again.

The most likely cause is you screwed the DIN in too tight. It only needs to be finger tight, no more.

Yeah that’s generally what I do. I will pay more attention next time.

I've had this happen before as I usually keep my gear in the back of my vehicle most of the time. I learned to keep the DIN regs unscrewed (or mostly unscrewed) as driving around with them tightened can sometimes just make them tighter to the point of having to use pliers, etc.

I suspect that this could be the case. Perhaps they tighten when I was sidemounting my tanks.

I 2nd using a strap wrench.

pressurize the reg sets, release the pressure, try to unscrew by hand, use a strap wrench.

sometimes they can get tightened after pressurizing if you push on them at all and the o-ring compression makes them quite stiff. Instead of pliers, keep a strap wrench with you to get them off without marring them.
Tbone for the win, again! I think this is the most likely scenario and I’m going to buy a strap wrench this week!

Thanx fellas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom