DIN question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry

Reaction score
Recently converted to DIN. Quickly noticed a bad seal between male/female DIN connection and found the male part (attached to my first stage rotates freely by hand (counter clockwise to loosen and clockwise to tighten which solved the problem). My solution was to tighten by hand. Is this normal? Was my solution adequate, or should I return to my LDS where it was installed/retrofitted from a conventional yoke setup? Thanks

Depending on your reg, this is a common problem if you loosen the reg incorrectly. If you're having problems turning the handwheel to remove the reg from the valve, there's a high temptation to "help" by trying to turn the reg body along with the wheel.

Don't do it! Or what you described will happen.

If it's currently loose, depending again on reg type there's typically a hex socket in the middle of the male DIN connector on the reg. Snug (don't over tighten) the DIN connection using the appropriate hex wrench.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom