DIN or INT in Cuba (oh, and how's the diving?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BarryNL

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm off to Cuba in a couple of weeks and was advised to take my own regulator (though I don't want to drag all my kit out there). Should I take my DIN or INT regulator?

Also, I'm staying in the big resort area (Varadero) and wondering if anyone has recommendations for dive companies, places to go, etc.

Thanks, Barry.

Most of diving shops in Cuba carry both DIN and Yoke. Personnaly, I always go with my Yoke set-up. That being said, Varadero isn't the best place to do scuba in Cuba. If you have the time, you should go across the island and dive in the Caribbean sea.

Hi Barry.
If you book with a diveshop in Varadero and the bus is going to pick you up in the morning, make sure it is the right bus. I booked with Gavioti and got picked up by Barracuda. I never realized the mistake until after the bus stopped at 6 other resorts getting divers and finally arrived at the Barricuda Dive Centre. Complete with 5 couples who had paid deposits with Gavioti. I think they do this alot. We were told not to worry about it, they would sort it out but we should just go with them. When it was over we had to pay the full price to Barracuda, plus lost our deposit with Gavioti. We also had uncertified divers, just the pool course at the resort, and the dive master took the group to 28m. Left the newbies alone at 10m. The whole thing was very unprofessional. I doubt I will ever go back. I hope you have a better time than we did, just be careful. I thought the bus ride across island was interesting, and the Bay of Pigs was nice. It seemed like a long drive for not much time in the water though. They used DIN. Anyways, good luck.

Troy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom