DIN o-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saying

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is a DIN o-ring the same size as a K-valve o-ring?

I'm wondering because I've had my reg serviced and now, all the sudden, when I screw my reg down, pressurize it, depressurize it, and take it off: the o-ring comes unseated and stays down in the DIN recepticle and the reg comes out o-ringless. There's no leaking when pressurized, but still.

The o-ring that keeps coming off seems to be the same size as the k-valve rings in my little $5 o-ring replacement kit but something about that strikes me as wrong.

Did the service tech grab the wrong sized ring? Or is there a bigger or, at least, more annoying problem?

The same thing happen to me usually when I replace the o-ring on my Din fitting with new one. Anyhow the size from a Din recepticle is 11/16" and for a regular yoke valve is 5/8"

saying:
Is a DIN o-ring the same size as a K-valve o-ring?

Nope. DIN o-rings are ever so slightly smaller than K-valve o-rings. You can hardly see the difference unless you look at them side by side. That could explain your problem.

R..

For most of the valves the o-ring is the common R-014 size. The DIN o-ring (depending on your reg) is either an R-111 or R-112. Apeks is the odd ball. They are also thicker than the tank o-ring. Just go into the shop and buy 3 or 4. Its one of those stupid little things that can ruin a dive or save it.

rescuediver009:
For most of the valves the o-ring is the common R-014 size. The DIN o-ring (depending on your reg) is either an R-111 or R-112. Apeks is the odd ball. They are also thicker than the tank o-ring. Just go into the shop and buy 3 or 4. Its one of those stupid little things that can ruin a dive or save it.
What he said

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom