dilema

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt215

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need a new housing. my dilema is whether to get a housing for a digital slr that i already own that is about 6 MP, or get a new digital slr and upgrade to higher MP. I guess i hesitate to spend a lot on a housing with 6 MP. will 10MP make a big difference? any thoughts?

In the end it depends on your budget and goals with photography. I started 3-4yrs ago by buying a used setup, 6mp Nikon D100. Took great pictures, plenty good for 8x10s and slide shows to bore friends with. Even now you can see used D70 and D80 systems in the classifieds.

Every year something "better" will come out. I recently bought a new system based on the D200. There is no polite way to say it but mainly because I could afford to. I swear this is it! Yes the focus is faster and the shots do have a little better saturation but only people reading threads like this would notice. If you are a pro shooter than you probably need to be worried about keeping up in the tech arms race. Otherwise do what you can reasonably afford.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom