Digital Underwater Photography Book For Beginner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbrussell

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any suggestions on a good digital underwater photography book for a beginner which covers all the basics of F-Stop, Aperature, ISO ,Lighting, Depth of Field etc.
Thanks

I have several. The Drafahl's do a good job, but you can get pretty much all the same info without the filler and fancy color illustrations for free from Dive Photo Guide.Underwater Photography Techniques Take a look before you hit Amazon and empty your pocketbook.

I third Martin Edge's book.

I would also try the articles on Backscatter, WetPixel and Dive Photo Guide.

If you elect to buy Martin Edge's book, make sure that you get the fourth edition. Some folks are still stocking the third edition.

Online look at Underwater Photography Guide .

Between the two, you'll have everything that you need to get started and grow.

Martin's book is great, but really not aimed at total novices. That being said, I still think everyone shooting at least semi-seriously should own a copy. The Drafahl's book is where I would start with a real newcomer, it is really well done in my opinion.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom