digital liquidaters...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badassbill

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this outfit? They have the camera I want at a good $100 less than everyone else. I'm looking for the best deal out there...but don't want to get took.

www.digitalliquidaters.com

They have the 5060 for $395.

badassbill:
Has anyone ever heard of this outfit? They have the camera I want at a good $100 less than everyone else. I'm looking for the best deal out there...but don't want to get took.

www.digitalliquidaters.com

They have the 5060 for $395.
This is a guy in NY/NJ that has about 15 domain names. I've personally reported him to the attourney general in two states for illegal business practices. Here is the sequence of events you can expect to see:

1. Order camera for $395.
2. Get a phone call trying to sell you accessories at high prices.
3. Refuse to buy said accessories.
4. Be told that the camera is out of stock.
5. Wait
6. Wait
7. Wait
8. Call and complain...
9. Be told that the order has "timed out" in the system and you will have to re-order.
10. Go to step one.

The only way this guy will ship you a camera is if he can make up for the loss leader with accessory sales.

James

If you read the customer reviews on his service record (shows up on price comparison charts) you will see exactly what James is talking about. Be careful, as James noted, he pops up on a regular basis, always with a different name and prices to good to be true.

He's bad news period

However, the good news is he's easy to spot.

It's always too good to be true isn't it. Thanks for the help folks. I've been around enough to know something smelled fishy. (sorry, bad bad joke)

Go www.bizrate.com to check out retailers.
I just bought a 5050 from www.buydig.com (rated pretty good) for $409.00 less shipping. My wife just got a C5000 from them as well, no issues. B&H is pretty good.
I just got the PT-015 case from www.amatteroffax.com and it came in on time.
So far Bizrate works for me.

The only way this guy will ship you a camera is if he can make up for the loss leader with accessory sales.

James[/QUOTE]

This is all too common on the net. In fact I've seen so many operations like this that I won't even consider a purchase from vendors of electronics that are situated in the New York area. The part that really stinks is that it hurts business for legitimate outfits in the region.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom