Digital Imaging Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerryg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a software package that will take digital images and batch edit them to bring out the color. I've searched this website and the internet, and have only been able to find "Sea Processing" by Kodak. That's the type of software I'm looking for but I want to be able to process my digital images on my computer then print the ones that I like. I've played with the color on my photo editors but it is very laborious doing one picture at a time. Does anybody know of an editor somewhere out there in cyberspace. Thanks

Jerryg:
I've played with the color on my photo editors but it is very laborious doing one picture at a time.

I use Photoshop Elements to touch up my pictures and I have to do them one at a time as each picture sometimes requires a little more or a little less color correction or backscatter removal.I don't think there is any way around it...... but the thought...If there were something out there that would do that to more than one at a time. Wow, it would save lots of time...

Aloha,
Lisa

To my mind your choices are Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements and JASC Paintshop Pro. Photoshop is by far and away the most powerful, and certainly allow batch processing, but all this comes at a serious price. Elements is a great programme, and does all you need, except batch processing. Photoshop 8 is also much cheaper than Photoshop, and has some batch processing capabilities.

IMHO whilst I understand why you want to batch process, I would personally recommend that for things like changing the colour balance and levels, that you alter each photo seperately. It takes more time, but as each photo is different, you will get much better results. I use batch processing and actions in Photoshop all the time, but not for editing the colours and stuff. Just my 2 pence/cents worth.

I totally agree with SimonJ's post.
You cannot batch edit your photos for adjustments like color, sharpness, contrast, brightness, etc.
Each photo has to be done on an individual basis as no two are alike.
Batch editing is fine for things like size reduction, edge feathering and alertations that are uniform to all the pics in the batch.

Thanks for the feedback. What you are saying is kind of what i figured out myself. I guess after seeing the claims of Kodak for the "Sea Process" I was hoping for a miracle. Thanks again
Jerry

I use photoshop myself, and I must say it's just the cat's *****. It is pretty pricey, so you might be able to do just as well with elements or paintshop pro, but I've not used these before so I cannot really say for sure.

Jerry: As far as I know, the adage that you get out of something a result in proportion to what you put into it still rules. In short, as far as I know, there's nothing that will automatically" color balance your photos. Nothing beats the human eye when it comes to that. So, get PhotoShop or PaintShop and go fer it.

Let's get wet! :palmtree:
Eric.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom