Digital gauges

Whats your setup

• I have a blending/trans-filling whip with analog gauge (s) only

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I have a blending/trans-filling whip with digital gauge (s) only

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I have a blending/trans-filling whip w/ both digital gauge (s) and analog gauge (s)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • My whip is setup to be used w/ a booster pump or it can be used just for trans-fills

• my whip can only be used for trans-fills (or jumping rope ;-)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont have a whip of any kind and I dont want one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont have a whip yet

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I have so many whip components I could build any combo I wanted.

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well I have decided I am going to include a digital gauge into my blending whips, I want to keep it cheap but I also want quality, accuracy, durability, a minimum pressure of 4000 psi, and what I really need is a gauge that doesn't have auto shut off for at least say 15 min.

with those requirements I have narrowed it down to 2 gauges I think, the Ashcroft 0-5000psi gauge and the Dwyer 111 gauge. both are accurate to .25% FS they are from what I have found the best for the price. If someone knows of a better gauge with the same accuracy for cheaper please clue me in.

It took quite a while to find a website that sells these things and I dont really have a site to compare prices with but this place sure has a good selection. Transcat - Product Search

I am including a poll just to spice things up a bit but please do share any additional comments.

It took quite a while to find a website that sells these things and I dont really have a site to compare prices with but this place sure has a good selection. Transcat - Product Search

I am including a poll just to spice things up a bit but please do share any additional comments.
NorthEast Scuba Supply Good folks, lots of parts (with photographs), and good prices. I get a lot of knick-knack type pieces from them, and they're very friendly towards this type of activity, which is even more important.

I recently rebuilt my whip (which I use with a BabyBooster) as one of the feed lines had developed a leak that was noticable with helium, although oxygen still worked fine. I used the opportunity to pick up a Dwyer gauge from them to convert the output, post-check valve, to digital for easier PP blending. I then put a small analog gauge on the input side (along with a Whitey needle valve) to make reading source pressure a lot easier... and answer the "why is it taking so long to top a 13 cf bottle?" question.

-C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom