Digital camera with underwater case - good deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to snorkeling and diving trip and I would like to make some underwater photos. But I dont want to spend much money o it. I am thinking of buying a digital camera with underwater case. What are your experience with this way of photographing, is there a good chance to make good photos ? Are photos with a digital camera with underwater case much better than cheap one-shot cameras (which are till 5 meters depth)?

Yes, the photos with a digital will be better than with a disposable.

Have a look in the Pink Link in my signature for some ideas on reputable digital cameras and their housings.

I like the Canon A series. The Olympus 350 is very popular. Fuji has a couple of offerings, too. The Pink Link has details and more links to these and other models to help you get started.

Have fun!

The CoolPix P3 is very nice around $300 and we have a housing for $170 for it.

FP4_pic1.jpg

FP4 housing
Jack

One little note. When you settle on a camera and housing, get it out and practice with it, even if it's in your yard. It's nice to know which buttons to push before you are in the water.

As with most things, it's easy to have poor results initially, but with digital you can see your results fast and the learning curve is fast. Don't get discouraged if things don't quite look that way you want them early on, there's usually work arounds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom