Digital Camera Conversion Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShoalDiverSA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased a Samsung V4 with underwater housing last week. I haven't had the opportunity to test it underwater yet, but this should be remedied by Friday.

The lens port on the underwater housing is threaded. I tested it in the camera shop and the standard 46mm conversion lenses and filters fit on it. Unfortunately, these are not designed for underwater use.

I know that Sea & Sea makes a whole host of conversion lenses for Sony, Olympus and Panasonic digital cameras. However, I can't see on any of the spec sheets what thread they are designed for.

Would it be possible for me to attach a 20mm conversion lens to the lens port on my camera housing? If so, how?

Thanks for the help. I will post some photos from Friday (if they are any good :)) as there are some old posts about the V4 asking about its suitability for u/w use.

Cheers,

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom