Diffuser help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonahfab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I currently am using 5050/ pt 15 with inon 180 strobe. I thought getting a diffuser would be easy, but going onto inon's website to look at them realized I had too many options. Could someone help point me in the right direction. What is the differences between the white and the blue and the different numbers. The magarity of my pictures are taken in the north atlantic in the Jersey to Mass. area. Thanks for any help.

Get back to us when you get an answer, Id like to hear what he has to say too. Thanks.

jonahfab:
I currently am using 5050/ pt 15 with inon 180 strobe. What is the differences between the white and the blue and the different numbers....

You won't need to concern yourself with the blue; they are specific to canon cameras to correct for their tendency toward warmer colors (skin tone bias). Generally get the white -.5 diffusor. The denser versions are for dual strobe arrangements where you want one at full power and one at less than full to provide a more 3-D impression.

You can get the same impact by dialing down the power on the second one.

Especially in NE diving where the viz is a challenge and eats strobes up, you will want as much power as you can manager. If you are not shooting WA, you can generally even leave the diffusor off and gain half a stop.

Good luck,

Bob

"ASD"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom