Solved: Differentiate Divemasters from Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
VikingDives

VikingDives

Mostly Harmless
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Since the update, it appears that DMs are showing up as scuba instructors.

I'd suggest that it would be useful for everyone if that was clarified.

Since the update, it appears that DMs are showing up as scuba instructors.

As most of you know, there was a last minute scramble to update ScubaBoard's software and servers last September when we were experiencing stability problems. @Miyaru determined that the software add-on that supported "joinable groups" was no longer compatible.

The interim automated replacement for the Divemaster, Scuba Instructor, and PADI Pros groups was replaced earlier this month with a "moderated" method for applying to these groups. As a reminder, some members who gained access through the automated method may have to reapply.

I just created a Divemaster and Scuba Instructor banner for each group. Unfortunately, that change is not automatically updating every member's status in every case. Please request changes by contacting a staff member. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the suggestion.

To be honest, I wish it would just stay the same. There were blips after the recent change (I still can't update my profile--Akimbo was nice enough to check into it and eventually updated it for me). There were blips after the change a few years ago also. Basically, it really stayed the same, you just had to adjust to the new way it looked. It was just as good when I joined in 2007. Kind of like why I still phone to check on my investments because I don't want to bother to figure out how to navigate their websites each time they change them--way worse than SB. But, my wife is correct in that I don't like change.

Back
Top Bottom