Different Bladder Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

napDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm building my own sidemount harness and need recommendations for bladders. I have two use cases and would like two different bladders.

1) During recreational warm water travel diving, i'd like to get a light and small bladder. It would be for both single and two tank sidemount. I'm considering a deco #22 bladder and dive rite no mount tank. I'm concerned with the dive rite bladder being too small with only 10 lbs of lift. What are your thoughts or do you have other recommendations?

2) When doing tec or diving cold water at home, ill use the xdeep stealth 2.0 tec wing. I started considering the razor 2.5 bat wing. What are your thoughts?

I'd just use the XDeep for both, it lays flat anyway and it couldn't be that much heavier, could it?

I wish that was the case. The xDeep tec wing is about 3 lbs and volume is massive. The deco #22 bladder is 1 lb. The dive rite no mount is 1.5 lbs.

Hauling two checked bags throughout thailand with my dive gear was really cumbersome. I'm trying my best to get it all into one checked bag. I'm willing to do anything to drop weight and decrease volume. That's why i'm switching to a sidemount harness, minimal wing, smaller fins for travel, SS clamps instead of cam bands, etc...

I'm at the airport now about to fly to Bali, all my dive gear, gopro gear, chargers, torches etc etc is only 23ish kgs. All my clothes, toiletries, iPad, phone etc etc is about 8kgs and I'm carrying that on. How light are you trying to get?

Lol or wear all your clothes and fill all the pockets :)

There's a Scott vest for that. Costs considerably more than the pillow. :)

I would avoid the Razor wing. If you want a smaller one for travel, get a Stealth Classic. Since I always take my SS BP/W, Deep 6 fins, 5mm wet suit, etc in one checked bag without issue, I'm having trouble seeing the point of all this, unless you're bringing along more than dive gear on your trip.

I want to get down to 23 kgs, im currently at 36 kgs including the 2x pelican cases.

I would avoid the Razor wing. If you want a smaller one for travel, get a Stealth Classic. Since I always take my SS BP/W, Deep 6 fins, 5mm wet suit, etc in one checked bag without issue, I'm having trouble seeing the point of all this, unless you're bringing along more than dive gear on your trip.

Why dont you recommend the razor wing?

Too big of a profile when inflated. I had one years ago and replaced it with the Stealth when it came out.

Since you mention Pelican cases I assume you're traveling with photo/video gear too? Otherwise, ditch them and save a bunch of weight quickly.

Back
Top Bottom