differences in housings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know what the difference is between the wpfx700 and the wpfx 701 undewater housing for the f810? I am torn between the Fuji case, and the ikelite, but I cannot tell the difference between these two advertised cases. the photos appear to be identical. second question is, do I need something to block the cameras flash from shooting forward, but still allow the external strobe to pick up the flash? The Ikelite images do not show anything in front of the cameras flash. like the fuji cases do. Thanks

diverrick:
Does anyone know what the difference is between the wpfx700 and the wpfx 701 undewater housing for the f810? I am torn between the Fuji case, and the ikelite, but I cannot tell the difference between these two advertised cases. the photos appear to be identical. second question is, do I need something to block the cameras flash from shooting forward, but still allow the external strobe to pick up the flash? The Ikelite images do not show anything in front of the cameras flash. like the fuji cases do. Thanks

Rick, can't answer the question on the Fuji housing, but on the Ike, it ships with both a "diffuser" and a "deflector" which can be attached to the lens port. Which one you use depends on whether you're using the onboard flash for lighting (diffuser) or you want the onboard to just trigger your strobe (deflector). Also, on the Ike housing, if you purchase the lens adapter for either 67mm or AD Bayonet lenses, that comes with a deflector as well so you can attach your strobe.

I can tell you, I *really* like the Ike housing. It's elegantly designed, and since it's about the same price, but far more robust, and doesn't seem to have the fogging issue the Fuji housing is prone to, it's the recommendation I make.

Ok thanks for the info. That makes me lean even further towards Ikelite. I never considered the fogging issue. I guess it is beacuse of the plastic thickness that helps.g

Now
i am am told I cannot even buy this camera in the US. does anyone know where one might pick up this camera?
I can't believe that buying a decent camera is this hard!! Am I missing somthing here? I know I could get a Oly 8080, but money is a consideration, so the F810 seemed to fit all the requirements. as an aside...
May god bless those who were hurt by the attacks in England today. My heart goes out to all of those that were either killed or injured in that unspeakable act, may god bless them.

I believe Ryan at www.ReefPhoto.com still has a few in stock. There are some good eBay sellers of this camera as well. It is my understanding Fuji doesn't differentiate where the camera was purchased for warranty purchases, fortunately, so consider sellers in the UK or Singapore where the camera is still easily available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom