Difference Performance/chillproof

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogster84

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for a separate set of long sleeve and long pants to wear standalone while diving in warm water as well as under my existing 3mm wetsuit. Due to recommendations I stumbled upon sharkskin.

One issue I'm not really clear upon is the difference between the performance and the climate control / chillproof lines. Are the performance version longer lasting due to the neoprene panels or just more comfortable in those areas? Is the isolating effect the same in both?

The sizing chart is throwing me of a bit (and it should fit since I won't be able to return it)
I'm 210 pounds, 6'1 with a 43.7 inch chest and 41 inch waist. If I understand everything correctly for the long sleeve that is a bit closer to a XL than a L size.
With the pants I'm not really clear on the sizing- my thigh is at 24 inches and my hip at 42.5 inches. Is that an L or an XL?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom