Difference between the Prestige 22 NTT & the 22 DPD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

radar_vibe

Registered
Reaction score
Greeting,

Just joined scubaboard, so why not start off with a dump questions :D

I have been looking into buying the Prestige 22 NTT 1st & 2nd stage set, which my local dealer offers. However, when I try to look the details up on Mares' website, I can only find the reference to 22 DPD.

Hence, I would like to know what the different is (apart of the label). Is the NTT the same, but just an older label?

Another question I have is what is the better choice for the octopus (performance & quality wise) - the 22 NTT/DPD models or the new MV?

Cheers

Terence

i think the DPD is the dive pre-dive system but i think this is also on the mr22 prestige
if you look on mares site under the octos there is both the prestige and prestige DPD and you can clearly see the lever on the DPD version as far as a primary second stage i dont think you will ever use this feature. it might be useful on an octo. but is not a big deal if you look at mares high end regs carbon, proton metal and the abyss line primary or octo there is no DPD option. the only primary prestige second stage i have seen without the DPD is the prestige 12.

Thanks C5,

At least I now have a clue as to what the DPD stands for (I already knew what the NTT meant, from an earlier thread).

In fact the NTT version has the DPD feature on both the primary reg, as well as the Octo, so I now get the impression that the NTT & DPD models are the same thing - Probably Mares have just put a new DPD sticker on the thing to give it a 2011 revamp/feel :idk:

Perhaps a Mares rep can confirm

Cheers

Terence

the ntt is a diffrent second stage than the dpd. the current prestige dpd has a weight of 215 grams the prestige ntt (which was removed from the 2010 catalog) weights 255 grams and yes came with dpd. and by the 2009 catalog the prestige 12s does not have ntt. So its up to you do you want ntt or just dpd. and both should come with superflex hoses(mares name for miflex)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom