Difference between Pyrostretch/hyperstretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
What is the difference between Pyrostretch and Hyperstretch?

Are they both basiclly the same thing, just two different brands. Or am I asking an apples and oranges kinda question? Sorry if this has been covered before.

Kevin

Hyperstretch is the "brand name" of Hendersons stretch-able wetsuit material, though it's also kinda a generic name used to call something, so a lot of people refer to the stretchable suits as 'hyperstretch' regardless of brand. Like "xerox machine" is a copying machine though it might be made by someone else, or Kleenex as referring to tissue.

I'm not sure ho makes the Pyrostretch. A google search looks like it's XS Scuba's brand of stretch-wetsuits.

As for as they the same but different brands? yes and maybe no. yes they are both stretchable wetsuits but they might not have the exact same stretch/fit characteristics.

When we bought our Henderson Hyperstretch suits a couple of years ago, we tried on every "stretch" suit in S. Florida (no joke!). We didn't find any that could compare to the stretchiness or comfort of the Henderson suit, and since the prices were the same ($199), it was a no-brainer choice.

I've since put my hands on a couple of new stretchy suits from other companies, but I don't think they are the same as the Henderson. They stretch, just not as much IMO.

Scuba Jerm:
Yep, I agree the Hyperstretch is from Henderson and XS Scuba coined the phrase Pyrostretch. I'm guessing it's the same material, as they likely get it from the same manufacturer. (Just an educated guess)

I doubt they are exactly the same. Maybe some are, but I'm betting that the makeup of the suits are different, though they might all be "strechable". To say they are all the same, is "strechting" it a little bit to say the least.

I've got a Hendersons and like them, but if you can find one of the others that is a stretch suit for cheaper that fits your body style better, then I'd get which ever one fits best, even if it's a different brand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom