Did this happen to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racerken

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I'm getting ready for a trip to Sea Base for 1 week of diving and I'm changing O-rings on my Air-2 from the 90's and I crack the cover to the inflator button.

I'm going to take my ancient BCD and Air2 just in case I see a garage sale on an Air2.

Note to self, don't over torque a plastic part.

Sure you are in the right place, your air 2 may be old but it sure isn't vintage.

Yes, "AIR 2" questions should probably be asked in the regulator or in this case DIY forum....please consider asking a moderator to move this thread.

At any rate, take a picture of the part you're asking about (I think you mean the inflator button) and I'll have a look in my grab bag to see if I have a part for trade. If you know the generation; i.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. that would help too.

Yes, "AIR 2" questions should probably be asked in the regulator or in this case DIY forum....please consider asking a moderator to move this thread.

At any rate, take a picture of the part you're asking about (I think you mean the inflator button) and I'll have a look in my grab bag to see if I have a part for trade. If you know the generation; i.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. that would help too.

Hi couv,

Here some pictures that might help. I'm not sure of the generation but my 'dumb' guess would be 2nd?
DSCN0495.jpgDSCN0496.jpgDSCN0498.jpg

Thanks!

Actually that is a 3rd or 4th generation. You mentioned a cover or part of the inflator button that is broken, but I cannot make out which one it is. Go to Frogkick http://www.frogkick.dk/manuals/scubapro/Schematics/2. Stage/ and download the manual and let us know the part number you're in need of.

Again, I encourage you to have this thread moved to the DIY section where you'll have more eyes.

Hi Couv, Thread moved.

According to the diagram it is item #34, part number 210 85 111, description is 'Inflator Plug'.

DSCN0501.jpgDSCN0502.jpgDSCN0506.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

ken

Attachments

• DSCN0501.jpg
    DSCN0501.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN0502.jpg
    DSCN0502.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 52
I've got a "new old stock" one of those for $90 shipped.....:D Just kidding, PM me your snail mail address and don't tell anyone where you got it.

Back
Top Bottom