did they send me the wrong wing?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you're lucky, IF you can get on the phone with him it's usually pretty easy, the problem is usually getting a hold of him. I haven't had any bad experiences directly, but they are well documented on here and other sites. The worst part is he makes some of the best products out there so it becomes a necessary risk, especially for CCR guys

Oxycheq via GG? If this goes smoothly it'll be the customer service miracle of the century. That said, hope it goes smoothly :wink:

If it does not line up correct, then an aftermarket STA will correct this?

or a lathe.....

(you might also be able to go to narrower tank bands)

Oxycheq via GG? If this goes smoothly it'll be the customer service miracle of the century. That said, hope it goes smoothly :wink:

case and point right there....

If the cam bands don't line up you can either use a drill press and extend the cam band slots in the plate, or you can just get an STA. They're $45 for regular ones listed in post above for $80 for the weighted ones.

Regarding harness, the DRiS is nice, but for $27 it's hard to argue with Cave Adventurers

case and point right there....

If the cam bands don't line up you can either use a drill press and extend the cam band slots in the plate, or you can just get an STA. They're $45 for regular ones listed in post above for $80 for the weighted ones.

Regarding harness, the DRiS is nice, but for $27 it's hard to argue with Cave Adventurers

what would the differences between the DRiS one than the simple one from Cave adventures? one is 30ish and the other 60ish....I can swing the money for the DRiS one but if it is simply not worth it then ill go with the cave adventures one. Thanks!

Just giving everyone an update. Jakub at GG called me within an hour from when I left him a message. He then asked if I could send him a picture via text message to make sure (he said he would exchange or refund if I could not send a pic but he was curious what I was sent). He then said, yup that is definitely the wrong wing. Here is the great part. He sent me the correct wing via 1 day shipping with a return label for the other wing. I must say, that yes it stinks I received the wrong wing to begin with BUT mistakes do happen and he corrected it VERY fast. I know I have read some bad reviews about Golem Gear (most seem old...2012 time frame) but my experience with Golem Gear went quite well for what it was. Will I do business with him again, if the price is right yes. Maybe I got lucky...I don't know...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom