Dick Rutkowski's 86th birthday celebration In Key Largo Nov 11, 2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Many of you who have been to Key Largo, may have met Dick Rutkowski. He is known as the Father of Recreational Nitrox and the infamous saying "Science always wins over bull$hit". Through Hyperbarics International he has been training dive professionals in hyperbaric and undersea medicine for over over 38 years. He is the founder for two training agencies, ANDI and IANTD, & former Director of Diving for NOAA. He has received countless awards and been published many times. His accomplishments and contributions to diving are too numerous to count.

On Friday Nov 11th, he will be celebrating his 86th birthday at Skippers from 4p-6p. Drop by and say hello.

sciencewins.jpg

Wish we could. Wish him a happy birthday from us! Have a great O Beer Thirty! :cheers:

Wow! We were just taking about Dick yesterday at Buddy Dives Tech center in Bonaire. I was quoting Dick, "Science wins over ********" I forgot the "Always"! Happy 86TH!

Thanks for posting Elena.

happy birthday big Dick......i know he will have many more birthdays.

Hi Elena,

Thanks for posting. I took Dick's hyperbaric course in 2005 and was lucky enough to dive a Mark V in the canal in front of Ocean Divers. We knocked back a few beers at Sharkey's too.

Please relay my best wishes to Dick for his 86th birthday. If I was in Boynton Beach, instead of Philadelphia, I would have driven down for the party and done a few dives in Key Largo. It's about time I dived the Spiegel Grove, Duane, and Bibb again.

Good diving, Craig

Got a few pics last time I was down that way...

None with the man himself, I'm afraid.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom