Diaphragm Material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonny Wishbone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey guys, I've come across a few very old threads where some have obtained the correct sheet material to cut out your own 1st stage diaphragms. Does anyone have info or a link as to where this material can be purchased? I looked online but only seem to be able to find manufactures that do not have products for sale on their website. Thanks.....Tom

what regulator are you wanting to cut diaphragms for?
I have a half dozen Dacor 960's that I refuse to let die. They are in excellent condition and I really like the swivel turret. They are currently working well but soon it will be time to regut them. I already obtained all the other internal parts, o rings and seats and such. I think the Trident A163 will work but I like tinkering with stuff and as long as I can get the correct type diaphragm material I would like to cut them out on the drill press.

Hey guys, I've come across a few very old threads where some have obtained the correct sheet material to cut out your own 1st stage diaphragms. Does anyone have info or a link as to where this material can be purchased? I looked online but only seem to be able to find manufactures that do not have products for sale on their website. Thanks.....Tom

I have a half dozen Dacor 960's that I refuse to let die. They are in excellent condition and I really like the swivel turret. They are currently working well but soon it will be time to regut them. I already obtained all the other internal parts, o rings and seats and such. I think the Trident A163 will work but I like tinkering with stuff and as long as I can get the correct type diaphragm material I would like to cut them out on the drill press.

what's the diameter and thickness of existing material?

Diameter is 1 3/8 inch which converts to 34.8 mm...the thickness of my existing diaphragm seems to be slightly under 1/16 inch. on the millimeter scale it seems to be a bit more than 1 mm but not quite 1.5 mm or the 1.65 that the Trident A163 says it is. Im thinking that the thicker the diaphragm the less sensitive it will be to pressure changes. (or am I over thinking this?)

Back
Top Bottom