DGX Color Enhancing Mask $17.95!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveGearExpress

Contributor
Reaction score
The DGX True View color enhancing coated mask offers the latest in mask lens technology to enhance and clarify your view underwater.

This single lens frameless design fits Standard to Wide faces. The color enhancing coating restores some of the red spectrum that is removed by the water (loss of red spectrum is what causes colors at depth to disappear). The benefit is a perception of more vivid images and colors, especially brilliant reds, oranges, and yellows. Favored by warm-water sport divers. You will see this EXACT mask sold under a variety of different brands. DGX sells it to you at the right price! Matte black color with matte black silicone skirt. Includes the DGX padded mesh mask bag.

What you see is not what they see: The optical coating technology causes an unexpected effect that the view on the surface from the 'outside looking in' is very different from the 'inside looking out'. From the point of view of others looking at the mask on the diver, they will see a reflection that shifts across the color portions of the spectrum depending on the viewing angle. However, looking from the divers point of view, you no longer perceive these tints (the lenses appear to be clear) and your visual perception benefits from the effect of the optical coating.

Attachments

• DX-401106-OR_1.jpg
    DX-401106-OR_1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 131
  • DX-401106-OR_3.jpg
    DX-401106-OR_3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DX-401106-OR_2.jpg
    DX-401106-OR_2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 120
Can you, guys, internally review this item and, perhaps, stop selling it: https://www.divegearexpress.com/ez-on-quick-disconnect-adapter

This item seems like a great idea to have, affordable too. But I had 3 of them, after a while, they just stop working, and in fresh water (not like salt is eating at them). After like 10-20 dives, I don't know what happens, silt or sand gets in, or some kind of corrosion, they stop accept the adapter that goes into it. Many times all geared up I was wasting time, trying to hook it up to a bc inflator (same one you sell), sometimes it would take 5 mins and get me hurt fingers. Then, also, many times it took a considerable time to disengage it after a dive, which is a HUGE safety issue. First I thought it was just a bad one, I bought another. After a while, same issues. There is something wrong with this very item, some quality issues. Third one I just threw away, never again.

Right now I use some other similar one but not an exact copy. Works very smoothly and well, never jams or difficulty engaging. Just publicly passing my concern.

Thank you.

If you have never dove with a buddy who uses a reflective mask, you may be very surprised how frustrating it is to look at your buddy trying to make eye contact and all you get back is an expressionless, blank robotic stare. You probably don't realize how critical eye contact is, until you lose it.

Can you, guys, internally review this item and, perhaps, stop selling it: https://www.divegearexpress.com/ez-on-quick-disconnect-adapter

This item seems like a great idea to have, affordable too. But I had 3 of them, after a while, they just stop working, and in fresh water (not like salt is eating at them). After like 10-20 dives, I don't know what happens, silt or sand gets in, or some kind of corrosion, they stop accept the adapter that goes into it. Many times all geared up I was wasting time, trying to hook it up to a bc inflator (same one you sell), sometimes it would take 5 mins and get me hurt fingers. Then, also, many times it took a considerable time to disengage it after a dive, which is a HUGE safety issue. First I thought it was just a bad one, I bought another. After a while, same issues. There is something wrong with this very item, some quality issues. Third one I just threw away, never again.

Right now I use some other similar one but not an exact copy. Works very smoothly and well, never jams or difficulty engaging. Just publicly passing my concern.

Thank you.

Stop trying to correct it to your Color-Connecting Mask.

Thank you.

Thank you for the feedback... I will deactivate this product from the website now and we will do another complete review and tests on this product immediately.. The initial shipments and test showed no issues..even after salt water neglect..but I am very aware that not every production run is always the same. Please contact us and we will issue you a complete refund for all of them you have purchased. Very sorry to hear of the issues.

Thank you but no refund is necessary. I have saved a bundle with your store through out the years. For example, I own probably like 30 butterfly bolts. In any other place they are twice the price.

If you have never dove with a buddy who uses a reflective mask, you may be very surprised how frustrating it is to look at your buddy trying to make eye contact and all you get back is an expressionless, blank robotic stare. You probably don't realize how critical eye contact is, until you lose it.

Have you met my wife?[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom