Developing Film

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have an old Sea & Sea film Camera and I used send it off via Divers Direct for special Kodak underwater film developing. Divers Direct doesn't do that any more and the Koday site has really old info. Anyone know where I can send film taken underwater for Kodak Special processing?

Film, what's that? :D

Figured when I was getting an UW camera for the first time it was time to bite the bullet and go digital. Too expensive to shoot a ton of 35 mm, only to discover later how many shots were wasted. Doesn't happen with digital, and since I am only an amateur, playing around with a camera it was the way to go.

Welcome to the board.
Here is the best bet for you. The real magic in film is in the printing not the development. So, get the film developed pretty much anywhere you can and get the prints done as cheap as possible. When you find ones you really like, find a "real" photo shop (I guess they still exist ??) where you can talk with the person who actually does the printing and get them to tweek the photos to suit your taste, mainly adding back in some red.

That said, I agree with Jim, buy a digital camera, it will pay for itself in film and processing saving in a dive trip or 2.

I think what might help is something called "Kodak sea processing". I got some disposable water resistant sport cameras for the kids. And had a tough time trying to convince anyone to process these for underwater color. Went to every kodak processor in town. Finally found an old post on this board yesterday and figured it out. I took four rolls over to the only guys I could find in SF. Crossin' fingers the $20 per roll and three weeks processing time gives great snaps.
Bamboo Reef
584 Fourth Street
San Francisco CA 94107
415-362-6694

Other stores from Kodak website :D:
KODAK SEA Processing Dealer List

Back
Top Bottom