Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mskiwi233

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Okay so I accidentally pulled the computer piece out from the compass so I could remove it from the boot & I am unable to get it back in. There’s a small hole with a huge ring and I don’t know the trick to fitting it in, I’ve tried everything.

Attachments

• 2DAEA495-7DAA-4EDA-A37A-92E0C3B28C32.jpeg
    2DAEA495-7DAA-4EDA-A37A-92E0C3B28C32.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 953D6C2F-4ABB-4769-B138-CDE86738B99D.jpeg
    953D6C2F-4ABB-4769-B138-CDE86738B99D.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 205
ring is called a circlip and you need a special pair of pliers to remove them. Most auto parts type stores should let you borrow one. Put the computer boot on the SPG boot without the computer in it, put the circlip on the stud, and pop the computer back in

I have done that. It takes so much force and when you push down on it, one side will go down and it pops the other side back up

Can you not put the boot back over the nub then the snap ring over nub and then the computer back in the hole.

The only problem is that you need a lot of force to try and do that. And once you’re trying to push the ring back on, one side will go completely down and it pushes the other side up so it won’t snap down entirely.

Can you not put the boot back over the nub then the snap ring over nub and then the computer back in the hole.
I agree with this. That looks like the only way it will go back together. But you may have to apply a bit of pressure to the computer boot to get it down enough to get the snap ring started. Once you get that done, it looks like the computer should slide right down into the opening.

@mskiwi233 after you get the circlip back on, dunk the computer mount side in hot water *like tea kettle hot*, then put a little bit of dawn dish soap, simple green, etc on there and the computer should pop in

It’s not getting the computer back in. It’s gwtting that ring to fit back through the tiny hole in the bottom of the boot to reattach it to the compass

I agree with this. That looks like the only way it will go back together. But you may have to apply a bit of pressure to the computer boot to get it down enough to get the snap ring started. Once you get that done, it looks like the computer should slide right down into the opening.

Getting the computer back in Isnt the rough part. That ring will not fit through the tiny hole in the bottom of the boot to reattach it to the compass part

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom