Destin Jetties Whirlpool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was told by a local dive instructor that there is a whirlpool in the jetties in destin. He said that he knows people that have dived there for years and never knew about it. He said that they went around it a couple of times and its not danegrous. Does anyone know anything about it?

I can't say I've been diving the Destin Jeddies for years, but the half-dozen times I have been there within the last couple months hasn't offered me any whirlpool experiences... ??¿¿

There is a jeddy on the West and there are two jeddies on the East, I've only been diving on the East side... Perhaps on the West?

My roomates SeaLife Reefmaster, not sure of the model, but its a 3.3mp camera. The casing seems to be top-notch and its rated for over 200' I believe. The camera itself seems to be a Vivitar(goto Walmart and you can see the model) thats being marketed by SeaLife - it lacks certain options that I would want and the picture quality isn't what I would be satisfied with... but it does make for a fun camera. Until I get a spare $1000 in my pocket it'll have to do :) afterall, I didn't pay for it. :wink:

av8er23:
I was told by a local dive instructor that there is a whirlpool in the jetties in destin. He said that he knows people that have dived there for years and never knew about it. He said that they went around it a couple of times and its not danegrous. Does anyone know anything about it?
I've been in the area for several years and have not heard of it. From land I have not seen one and I've been through the pass several times on boat and not seen it. The tide flow and currents can be strange at times - may be that's the whirlpool he's talking about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom