Destin Jetties pics 2/12/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
First Jetty dive of the season completed with SuPrBuGmAn today. 57 degree water - that's cold for this Florida diver!!!! Not many fish out today, still too cold for them.

Stealth mode Blue crab

dirtycrab.jpg

New jelly for me - looked like a snowball, how fitting for the temps

snowjelly.jpg

One of our local anemones

anemone.jpg

MORE....

This is a trough around the jetty that fills with shells and sand-dollars.

shellvalley.jpg

This is bugman's bike that we found after hurricane Ivan went through - nobody has stolen it yet :D

matbike.jpg

Great shots Yoda.
Thanks for sharing them.
Rick

Very nice! According to my Humann Reef Creature book, the jellyfish is a Cannonball Jelly

Visual ID - Bulb-shaped dome with short, forked oral arms around stout protruding feeding tube. No marginal tentacles. Milky, often with tints of blue or yellow, markings around the margin of dome usually brown or white, can be yellow or lavendar.

Abundance & Distribution - Occasional Florida, Caribbean. Not reported in Bahamas. Can be abundant at times.

Habitat & Behavior - Inhabit surface waters near shore, often in harbors and bays, occasionally over reefs.

Effect on Divers - None.

Dee:
...the jellyfish is a Cannonball Jelly...
Thanks for the ID.
I still say SNOWball - I was COLD!:D

Shots came out pretty nice :) had fun, can't wait till next time - but it was DEFINATELY chilly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom