Destin Jetties dive report 7/05/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouch, that is a walk. Any thought of getting the park to allow a closer spot for divers, if there is one?

I'm not sure if its actually a park. Anywho, the only other alternative is parking at some of the hotel parking lots - however, they are gated and strict about public parking.

Anywho, its pretty definate that I'll be down there 6ish AM this Saturday morning(7/10). If anyone wants to join in on an early morning dive, they are more than welcome to come!

jviehe:
Ouch, that is a walk. Any thought of getting the park to allow a closer spot for divers, if there is one?
There is just an access to the beach here - no park. They put in the parking area to handle the increased congestion. Battles go on all the time as to who owns what part of the beaches here. So far, that area has escaped the war. With the public access, it will probably be safe no matter who owns the land. I'm told by old timers that it used to be a lot easier to get to the jetties before all the condos - go figure.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom