Destin Jetties dive report 7/05/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today was a great day to dive! Despite climbing over left-over tourists and sqeezing between first time snorklers, the dive was excellent. I'd give it a 9.5 on a scale of 10. Viz was 65', better than on 6/28 and is now the best this year for me. Steve at ScubaTech says the viz is better at the Jetties than out on the boat! Water at 55' was plenty warm with just my trunks and teeshirt. Besides the usual blennies and damsels, there were lots of small fish, couple of grouper, some spadefish, and a couple of cowfish out today. Here are some pics:

Wow, that really does look nice, much better than I have ever seen the PCB jetties. The water actually looks blue.

Looks great, I was considering a trip to Ft. Pickens this weekend, maybe I'll just head to Destin if your vis is that good!

jviehe:
Wow, that really does look nice, much better than I have ever seen the PCB jetties. The water actually looks blue.
The water is the most blue that I've seen it. It still has that nice EMERALD color :D . I'm amazed that the June grass has stayed away this long, may be it is all the rain we've had.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Looks great, I was considering a trip to Ft. Pickens this weekend, maybe I'll just head to Destin if your vis is that good!
If all goes as planned, I'm going again Thursday morning. I'll post another report then. Hope conditions get even better!

SeaYoda:
If all goes as planned, I'm going again Thursday morning. I'll post another report then. Hope conditions get even better!

SeaYoda: You are cool! Thanks for these inspiring reports.

But let me ask you this: How do you access your dive site? I have heard that it is very difficult to get there from a vehicle. I do have 4-wheel drive. Do you have to walk far, carring gear? Of course, anybody else chime in!

Thanks for any advice: I am trying to locate shore-diving locations in the Big Bend area, and am about to give up. But over your way looks attractive.

Great report and great photos, SeaYoda. I'll have to make it up that way and dive with you guys some time.

-Grier

Aucilla:
But let me ask you this: How do you access your dive site? I have heard that it is very difficult to get there from a vehicle. I do have 4-wheel drive. Do you have to walk far, carring gear?
Access is by walking accross the beach - no 4 wheel needed - attached is a picture of the beach. Distance to where the picture was taken depends on the parking spot you get. There is parallel parking along the marina (Destin Harbor) and it is first come first serve. The worst part is the length of the walk but it is worth the trip. I gear up at the car (I keep my gear minimal for this walk) and think good thoughts until I get there :D .

GrierHPharmD:
I'll have to make it up that way and dive with you guys some time.-Grier
Come on down - uh - UP! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom