Desperately Need Help on Lens Selection For Canon S90 in Ikelite Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OblomovBukowsky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

I have a Canon S90 in Ikelite housing (67mm thread) and an Inon D2000 strobe.
In the past couple of years I've only had very few chances to practice/learn taking pics, so I am a noob.

Next month I'm going for a two weeks trip to Lembeh (muck diving) and Bunaken (wall diving) and I want to add a wide-angle/fish-eye and macro lenses.

I have read many reviews and comparison tests on the web, but I'm getting overwhelmed as I don't understand the technical jargons. Thus, I need your help in choosing the best lenses for my system.

From my reading and limited understanding, I have narrowed my choices to:
- For macro lenses: INON or Subsee.
- For wide angle/fish-eye lenses: FIX Fisheye UWL-04 or INON UWL-100 and the Dome Lens Unit II.

My question are:
1. Which brand should I pick? Inon or Subsee?
2. If Inon, which model? The UCL-100, UCL-330, or UCL-165?
3. In what combination? Double UCL-165? Or UCL 165 + 330? Or some other combination?
4. If Subsee, which model? What combination? Just a single Subsee +10 or +5? +10 stacked with +5? Or double +10?
5. Which wide-angle lens is best for S90? The UWL-04 or the Inon UWL-100 and the Dome unit?

I apologize if this question has been asked before. I've tried understanding all the threads and reviews I've read, but it's quite confusing.
I guess what I need is a clear short suggestions that don't use technical jargons.

Sorry if my English is confusing.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
OB

I dove with the IkeLite dome WD-4 for my G15 and have been super happy with the results, it's not really wideangle but instead restores the normal ability to go as wide as the camera can above water. I'd be curious to hear your results with a UL-100 or UL-04, I assume you're using the 9306.35 Wide Angle adapter for the housing?

Hey there,

The Ikelite housing I have has a port with a 67mm thread.
I'm planning to get only wet lenses (macro or wide-angle) that also has 67mm thread, so they can be screwed on directly onto the port.
No need for any adaptor.

I sometimes use a s95 with an uwl-04 and a dyron +7 diopter. Here are some shots!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1698.jpg
    IMG_1698.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg