Deshaker settings for Hero4 Silver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHound

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone use the Deshaker filter in VDub for image stabilization? If so, what are your preferred settings? There are a gazillion settings and since most users seem to be applying it to land videos I'm not sure if the defaults are the most appropriate for underwater video.

Some settings like rolling shutter are camera specific. Anyone know what a Hero4 Silver would be? The Deshaker site lists:

• GoPro Hero3 Black Edition - 1080p60, Wide FOV: 94% (+/- 2)
  • GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
    - 1080p60, Wide FOV: 88.89%
    - 1080p60, Narrow FOV: 86.05%

For edge compensation I'm using Fixed Zoom. I'm feeding it 1920x1080 AVI input and using an H264 codec for output. I'm getting it all to run and produce videos with less shaking but it seems like the output is less colorful even though the file size output is about double the input.

I'm going to add you to a pro site for goPro on facebook that I am a member of. They will answer your question for sure.

Nobody here is using Deshaker? Any other image stabilization?

Back
Top Bottom