• Head first

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • Depends on mood/situation

Votes: 58 34.5%
  • Other (sideways?)

Votes: 43 25.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Horizontal...Always. Creates greater surface area which allows a more controlled descent.

I vote for horizontal too...but tank down and face up...you kinda do the "Trinity falling out of the building thing from Reloaded"...great for seeing the boat and buddy way above until you smack into the bottom. :wink:

I'm totally kidding of course :banana: It was just getting too much of the same in terms of answers...had to mix it up.

Well, with students we have to go down feet first... but when I am alone... Skydiver style and sometimes Superman style (when he saves Lewis Lane after she falls from the building LOL...)

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
...why are you doing a head first descent on SCUBA anyway...seems like a good way to get a tank in the back of the head if you ask me.

not if your bc fits correctly.

me personally, diagnolly. lol. I like to keep sight of where I'm going, but at the same time like looking at the surface, it just looks cool.

coliseum once bubbled...
Well, with students we have to go down feet first...

Why?

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
coliseum once bubbled...

Why?

This should be good...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coliseum once bubbled...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why?

Feet First is the prefered orientation for "FIRST" descents with students in open water. ( I am refering to NAUI and PADI standards, I can not comment on others)

There is less disorientation for the student and equalization is reportedly easier in the head up position.

While feet first with a line is the recommended position for first descents, the students are required to progress to horizontal descents by the end of their open water training.

Mike D

mddolson once bubbled...

While feet first with a line is the recommended position for first descents, the students are required to progress to horizontal descents by the end of their open water training.

I think we've run into another situation where instructors aren't holding students up to the standards.

Cornfed

Head down, BC empty and kicking like a SOB. Load gun on way down and be ready to shoot when ya hit the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom