Desaturization longer than 24 hours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronsch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have my trusty Oceanic Data plus 2 that some of my friends refer to as a bend-o-matic dive computer. This past weekend it did something new. For the first time, the time to completely clear was longer than the time to fly, which is the arbitrary 24 hours.

Granted I had done five dives within a 24 hour period but this wasn't the first time that I've done that. They were all 65-80' profiles diving 35% Nitrox with two dives Saturday afternoon and three Sunday Morning. When I was packing my gear Monday morning I noticed the desat time as between one and two hours after the Time to Fly. I do have it set to allow a partial pressure of 1.6. The individual PP were 1.16, 1.16, 1.25, 1.13, and 1.15. I understand that there is the cumulative factor over time.

The only unusual thing I can point to was that I was into the caution zone on the oxygen exposure side after the fifth dive, but was in the green on the nitrogen side after the safety stop on the fifth dive.

Was wondering if anyone has seen this behavior before from their Data +2 or any other computer for that matter? Is it time for me to get a new computer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom