Depth of sailboat - Barstow's WP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
There is a sunken sailboat on the private side (Barstow's) at Windy Point. I believe it is a Benneton 28 (?). Anyone have a current depth reading for it?

If it is the one down the chain from the third set of stairs, it is about 40' deep (2 weeks ago)

There is a large sail boat near the park area,,,about 90' or so from memory.

I'll bet the car is real shallow right now.

texdiveguy:
There is a large sail boat near the park area,,,about 90' or so from memory.

but at current lake levels my guess it's more like 70-something right now...would still like someone to verify if possible.

is not on the map...it's closer to the public side near platform 4.

That beneatau appeared recently (last year or so). Sailboat was totaled a little over a year ago in a collision with a power boat and put to rest there after it was stripped for parts. Sorry, I don't know the depth as I haven't seen it underwater, but I know the guy that sunk it there.

A few weeks ago it was right at 70 feet. Went there on a night dive. Normally it is around 90. Of course that means that normal is full but in Texas in the summertime....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom