Departure Tax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEVADiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heading to Belize this month (TIR). Does anyone know if there is a departure tax at the airport when you leave Belize? When we were in Roatan in April there was a tax that could only be paid in cash when you left. Just trying to budget for cash needs.

The passenger service fee is $15.00 The total is $39.25.

I'm not sure whether that's included in your ticket. You should check.

I've always wondered what would happen if I refused to pay the departure tax.

Departure tax is payable in US Dollars Only or your credit card they will NOT accept Belize Dollars so take that into consideration.

Normally the Airlines includes Departure tax with the exception of AA or if you used miles for your ticket, most other Airlines flying to Belize include it in there ticket prices but be sure to check with your Airline for clarification.

Gaz Cooper

My wife and I were just there in june. We flew Continental and it was included in our ticket price

Just got back from Belize last Saturday. I had budgeted for a departure tax but did not pay anything. I assume it was included in my Continental ticket. I paid with frequent flyer miles too.

I went to Belize July 2009 and the departure tax was included in my airline ticket (Continental)

Went to St. Maarten in May 2010 and US Air included that departure tax in the airline ticket as well!

We just booked our flights on American and yes the taxes where a lot less than those on Continental. CO still ran $210pp more that AA.

You have to love the logic behind not accepting Belize dollars for the departure tax. Most of those dollars will never be circulated again and they cost a lot less to print than they are worth. Great little scam.

Was on Cayman Brac last month, didn't pay departure tax because I was the crew.

Back
Top Bottom