Denver LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shae

Registered
Reaction score
I know that there is a thread right now about diving in Denver, but I was wondering about local dive shops. I just moved (as in, will actually have my stuff here next week) to the Englewood area, and was wondering if anybody had suggestions on diveshops in and around Denver. Places that offer a number of trips throughout the year get brownie points in my book, as being land-locked will surely get to me after a short time.

Nice folks at A-1 Scuba, 1800 West Oxford, Englewood.
http://www.a1scuba.com/
And no, it’s not my dive shop, I’m from the Springs.

Shae, welcome to Denver. Great place for divers as you can tell from the weather today. For dive shops and their trips go to www.divecolorado.com. it's the local scuba retailers website. Hope it helps.
Tom

I like A1 scuba. I've done all my training there, and know a lot of their staff. They are a nice group of people. They have a full travel agency on site as well as a pool. They do air and Nitrox fills, but the fill prices are a bit pricy.

My buddy likes UnderwaterPhantaseas South, and certified with them. Other than meeting a few of the employees when diving at Aurora one weekend I have no experience with them. They do not have a full service travel agency, but they do trips.

Most EVERY shop in Denver does many trips a year to all over the world. You will not have an issue finding dive trips through LDS's in Denver, and we have about a dozen LDS's here. For such a land locked, non-good diving place, it's rather packed with LDS's. :D

BTW, we have a RockyMountain forum (the RockyMtnOysters). This post really belongs there.

Depending on what part of Englewood you're in, UWPhantaseas South or A1 is likely going to be the most convenient. Both are good shops. I certified at UWPhantaseas and have purchased equipment from both of them.

However, even though I'm in the South Metro, I go up to Flatirons for most of my equipment and repairs. If they don't have what I need (and can't get it - which is rare), I have no problem going to either of the other shops.

We're so lucky here in Colorado to have so many terrific shops. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for - even if you build a relationship with several of them :wink:

I just heard that Flatirons is moving somewhere is this true and if so does anyone know to where? I know Odyssey is moving to a new location.

I would recommend A-1 Scuba also. We live three hours away from Denver area and still choose to do as much business there as possible just because of the quality of service we received. We took our AOW training with them: they were great and very flexible in helping with the scheduling problems we had because of our proximity to their shop. We found all the employees at A-1 to be dedicated to the sport and to helping their customers enjoy their diving experience. Go by and visit them and find out for yourself. I know you will enjoy their shop.

Daxter:
I just heard that Flatirons is moving somewhere is this true and if so does anyone know to where? I know Odyssey is moving to a new location.

Yes, Flatirons is moving a short distance away. Their rent went sky high. Not sure the date or exact location, but you can call them at 303-469-4477.

Back
Top Bottom