Denmark / cave diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Subcooled

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There is a slight chance that I would move to Denmark next summer or 1.1.2016. Because of this I would want to learn about cave diving in Denmark. Do you have diveable mines in Denmark? Where are the closest limestone caves? Is Denmark a good country for a sea sick diver?

I am not aware of any cave diving in Denmark, but I could be mistaken.
You might want to try to ask your question on Dykkerforum.dk. Although most of the discussion there is in Danish, I am sure that you would get replies to your question in English.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hammerhulerne – Bornholm : Located at the foot of the mountains of the best known danish tourist attraction “Hammeren”, a big ruin of an old castle lying at the northern tip of Bornholm. This dive site is the closest you will get to cave diving in Denmark, you do have to climb down some big rocks and swim 200 meters along the reef on a couple of meters depth then you find the first opening in through the big rocks, the first crack is 14 meters long and when you come back out you have to swim 80 meters more to reach the second crack which is 32 meters deep. You have to remember a torch as not much light gets through the cracks of the cave. You can go to the surface at any point, and do try as you will find the curves of the ceiling very beautiful. You won’t find very much fishlife around Bornholm, as the water is less salty and therefore doesn’t create the same opportunities for fish life as other seas in Denmark. But the scenery is amazing. Max depth 8 m. visibility 15 m.+

The top 5 dive sites of Denmark | Divescover.com Blog

There are definitely diveable caves in Norway. I have a friend who lives and cave dives there.

Yeah Norway is the place you wanna be for cave :wink:
Google/vimeo/youtube for "plura". It's in the middle of norway, so not to close to Denmark tho.
Shoot a email to Lars at "Fotografit" (he has a scuba photography shop in Denmark) im shure he could answer ypur questions :)

The OP is from Finland, so aware of Norway :)

Hi - I live in Denmark. There are no caves, but really good wreck diving.

Nearest caves are in Norway and Germany.

Any flooded mines?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom