DEMA update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The darth vader helmet didn't kill the demonstrator, Edd Sorensen with split fins, Dive Rite has Anarchy Blue XT's, and silicon mouthpiece manufacturers also make bongs.

Omni-Swivel now has the Omni-Swivel 2.
Before yesterday, I just couldn't recommend an O-S to my students because everything depended upon the adjustment of the hex screw on the back. The design always bothered me.

The Omni-Swivel 2 has moved that set screw to the side of the connecting bolt, and has created a land in the bolt that mandates that the bolt is set correctly. Together with Omni-Swivel's excellent engineering, and the addition of another sealing o-ring at the head of the connecting bolt, this swivel is now perfect!

Omni-Swivel now has the Omni-Swivel 2.
Before yesterday, I just couldn't recommend an O-S to my students because everything depended upon the adjustment of the hex screw on the back. The design always bothered me.

The Omni-Swivel 2 has moved that set screw to the side of the connecting bolt, and has created a land in the bolt that mandates that the bolt is set correctly. Together with Omni-Swivel's excellent engineering, and the addition of another sealing o-ring at the head of the connecting bolt, this swivel is now perfect!

Ohh didn’t head about the Omni-swivel news, that’s cool.

Garmin's new PLB is freaking amazing. You can get connected to your boat before you dive and they'll see when you hit the surface.

product-inreach-mini.jpg

I posted this question in the Apeks thread but perhaps this is a better place. What is the new Apeks wing/BC that is on display? I saw a picture of it on Facebook but no corresponding info...

What is this? Please explain...
It is not a PLB. It communicates only with the Iridium satellite, using a paid subscription. Inreach Mini. You can have your GPS location go to a website that can be accessed to see where you are. It may take a few minutes to get a GPS lock. The Inreach Mini is not new. The $50 dive housing for it is, but it is not available yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom