DEMA Hotel Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surface Interval

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All!

We were tricked during BTS thinking that the host hotel was super close to the venue. I don't want to have the same thing happen during DEMA!

I would love to hear your suggestions for us regarding the listed "special" accomodations in Orlando this year!

Some things that are important to us are:
Parking--We will have a trailer attached to our vehicle, so we definately need a great parking area.
Distance from Show--Things always appear closer on a Google Map than they really are...
Value--Looks great on paper, but service is terrible or the ceiling is about to fall down? I want to know!
Breakfast--I love a free breakfast!

You all rock and can't wait to see you in Orlando!
Thanks,
Tina :)

Last edited:
Went to Orlando a few shows back and stayed at the Peabody, it was just a block away. I don't see the Peabody as being affiliated with the show this time. The Rosen Center (I think that's the one) was directly across the street from the show hall that time. I think they're using a different hall this time around, but it's still gotta be close.

I'll be looking at my budget closely this time around, depending on the next couple of months, may be looking at the Rosen Inn at Point Orlando a bit up the road from the Peabody if we go and try something affiliated with the show.

I'm at the Comfort Inn Universal Studios. Ten minutes walk from the covention center but no big deal for me. And the I-trolley runs door to door from 7:30 AM til 10 PM or so. Might have been able to get closer but I'm not paying for it so I'm not complaining! Taxi to the hotel on Monday, trolley, shoe leather, or great SB friends in the area:eyebrow: to and from the show and maybe dinner out, and taxi to the airport on Sunday saves me from having to rent a car and I'm not a party person so no need to make arrangements to be out late.

Hey Jim, you need a roommate? If I can get away from the Islands long enough to go to DEMA I'm looking to do it on the cheap!

Michael

Back
Top Bottom