Dema 2010 reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdb

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
The SCUBA crowd has begun gathering in Las Vegas for the 2010 DEMA Show.

I am looking forward to reading some first hand reports/observations/comments, regarding this years show.

The SCUBA crowd has begun gathering in Las Vegas for the 2010 DEMA Show.

I am looking forward to reading some first hand reports/observations/comments, regarding this years show.

I'll be sure to check in! I've only been to the Orlando show last year. I'm excited about the Vegas show due to it's suppose to be alot bigger than Orlando's. At least that's what I have been told. Either way we're in Vegas! LOL So night time fun and daytime work. You have to make sure you have your new walking shoes on....:dance:

I'll be sure to check in! I've only been to the Orlando show last year. I'm excited about the Vegas show due to it's suppose to be alot bigger than Orlando's. At least that's what I have been told. Either way we're in Vegas! LOL So night time fun and daytime work. You have to make sure you have your new walking shoes on....:dance:

Well I personally enjoyed this show. The convention center was huge and the Hilton was very conveniently located to the hotel. They also had a free shuttle bus that transfered people from the hotel to the convention center. The walk to the convention center is a nice little jog for some morning exercise LOL.
Also,I was told it was so much smaller than years previous in Vegas and definetly so, although I still thought it was worth the trip. Everyday there was Happy hour and all the different vendors had different things to offer as far as food, wine, beer etc. I don't remember them having this at the Orlando show.
Was introduced to some new products out there that I will definetly be purchasing. One is the Beach Buddy: Welcome to Beach Buddy
For shore diving in South Florida I find this very convenient and won't have to worry about having to backpack the gear (my dive buddy cant handle the long walks LOL).
The Dive Caddy has a new model out as well DiveCaddy - Home and for traveling purposes it too is also convenient to store your gear in for the trips on the plane.
I could go on and on but the main reason I was there was for the travel. There was only one dive shop from Ft Lauderdale there (Sea Experience) so I had some time to chat with these fine folks and get to know more about them. We also ended up booking some trips for next years travel to Roatan, Bonaire, Belize and Key Largo.
I am also attending the Florida Dive Show this weekend and from the list it looks like alot of the shops etc from Florida will be there. Look forward to meeting them.
Furthermore, There were some nice restaraunts we went to and the food was excellent but a bit on the higher end. The Hard Rock Cafe has a restaraunt called Nobu Introduction Nobu Restaurants
the food was awesome but the bill was pure torture LOL (I guess because I was buying my friend his Bday dinner). Also at the Hilton went to Benihanas which was more reasonable as far as price goes Home | Benihana and had great food.
In Conclusion, the seminars were very interesting and I enjoyed them tremendously. I definetly don't regret going but do have to agree with others that Dema could lower their price a bit on the show. Plan on going to Orlando's show next year!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom