Delta IV / FDX-10 Noise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shorns76

New
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hoping someone from Oceanic can give me an idea of what's going on. I just purchased a new delta IV / FDX-10 with DVT. Every time i've dived on it i get this rattling sound from the 1st stage (some people have described it as a honking or telephone ring type noise). It only occurs when inspiring a little deeper than usual and seems to occur at higher tank pressures (around 160-230bar). Despite this the reg breathes great and i've noticed no problems at all.

I have read reports that this is the DVT mechanism causing the noise however i have the red bullet, not the white and i've read that the red ones should not exhibit this problem.

Unfortunately i bought the unit from divers-supply in the US and live in Australia so can't just walk back into my LDS with it so would like some advice what to do.

Thanks!
Sean

Hi guys,

Hoping someone from Oceanic can give me an idea of what's going on. I just purchased a new delta IV / FDX-10 with DVT. Every time i've dived on it i get this rattling sound from the 1st stage (some people have described it as a honking or telephone ring type noise). It only occurs when inspiring a little deeper than usual and seems to occur at higher tank pressures (around 160-230bar). Despite this the reg breathes great and i've noticed no problems at all.

I have read reports that this is the DVT mechanism causing the noise however i have the red bullet, not the white and i've read that the red ones should not exhibit this problem.

Unfortunately i bought the unit from divers-supply in the US and live in Australia so can't just walk back into my LDS with it so would like some advice what to do.

Thanks!
Sean

It might be a harmonics issue in the first stage,,,fairly common issue in certain regs.. I would think any Oceanic Dealer even in Australia would honor the manfc. warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom