Delta 4 & Chute 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brailediver

Registered
Reaction score
I have 3 Delta 4 second stages with broken purge covers & a Chute 2 BCD that has deteriorated around the wing mount. Are replacement parts ever going to be available or is this gear trash?
Thanks,
Gene

The purge covers for the regulators can easily be changed out. The covers for the regulators can be ordered through your Oceanic dealer, though they are for a different regulator (same size). They don't make purge covers for the Delta 4's any more (our shop just had to order some). The old Delta 4's purge covers are made of a very poor plastic that becomes brittle & falls apart after a few years. We have them come in all the time for that. As for the BC, without seeing if the problem actually involves the air bladder, it would be hard to say if it is salvagelable or not. You may let the Oceanic dealer take a look at it too.

I'll have to see. My LDS has the replacement covers coming in this week. I'll let you know when they do.

---------- Post Merged on October 15th, 2012 at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was on October 14th, 2012 at 12:20 PM ----------

The replacememt covers are those for the GT3 regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom